We went to dinner before the show at a ghetto diner with an awful waiter (Kev) and I snapped this priceless shot of the gals while there.... not sure that they were ready for it:
And Ben and me trying to mimic Mo's face:
Oh my gosh Ben's face makes me wet my pants.
We went swimming lots and had plenty of laughs (= lots of contractions for me), but I was sad to see them leave. Love you guys!
Also in town was Kelly and Greg for their 5th anniversary. We met up with them Saturday for the Giants vs. Red Sox game which was super fun!
Congrats to Kelly who is having a girl (kid #3) in 3 months! And last but not least, we finally met little Henry Jones, born 7 weeks ago, because Erin and Clark (one of Ben's mission comps in Mozambique) were in town visiting their families:
Super cute little boy! We can't wait to have one of those (babies that is). And coming she is--3 weeks to go!! I'm officially FULL-TERM and she could come any day now. Totally crazy. Today I've made a last (hopefully) checklist of things to get and things to do before she comes and have started a list of things to pack in the old hospital bag. Sooo can't believe this is happening. I'm 37 weeks, but here's last weeks stuff:
What I know now at 36 weeks
- I feel as big as a Buick. Luckily, people keep telling me I'm small. Let's hope they're being honest and not just feeling pity for me.
- My face is starting to really fill out. It bugs me.
- Also bugging is my itchy skin. Back of my legs and thighs.
- I like using my tummy as a table for my cereal bowls and plates (and then watching it move and spasm out cause she doesn't like it there).
- I'm not losing any of my hair in the shower. Not even one strand sometimes, it's so weird.
- Shoes--I no longer have any that fit. The only, and I mean ONLY thing I've been wearing for the last month is crocs. I went through 5 pairs of shoes on Sunday and realized none of them fit me anymore (and not from swelling, they've actually grown a size). My feet better go back to their normal size or someone is going to be a wittle bit angry.
- I love Ben because he paints my toenails for me and actually enjoys it.
- I've accidentally slapped my stomach a couple of times and it scares her. It's cute, she flinches big time. I kind of feel bad, but I like it because she's an actual human in there.
- We got this at-home heartbeat monitor from our friends to use and it was so fun to listen to her heartbeat and her moving around.
- It's very painful to turn from side to side at night.
- I don't have to get up at ALL in the night to pee. Yay me!
- Fatigue has set in again.
- Walking has become harder and harder. I can't walk more than 5 minutes or I feel like I'm going to break into a million pieces and die.
- People are so nice to me! I love the attention, seats on public transport, smiles and questions.
- I was craving Blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese and when I got home with it... I had accidentally grabbed SALMON cream cheese. Seriously?
- I should really look into getting a maternity belt. I probably should have a while ago.
- Her head has been settling into the pelvic area. I get these shooting pains down there for a few seconds at a time, or painful throbbing. I'm told it can be her head hitting into the bones too. Means we're getting closer!
- I think I'm most nervous for the whole breastfeeding part. Yep. For sure.
- The next time I write one of these... she'll hopefully be here!! How crazy is that.